1.) Haiku and senryu are spontaneous, but can also be a quest. Each day there is something enlightening or amusing to be found in the ordinary. Believe this, discover something, and write about it.
2) Life is short. Haiku and senryu are short.
3) Haiku and senryu are a pleasure and an inspiration.
4) Find haiku and senryu moments you like and return to them, even if by reading about them again and again.
5) Haiku and senryu are genuine.
6) There are no limitations in writing about haiku and senryu. Look inwardly and outwardly.
7) Be fearless in writing haiku and senryu. Just write. And revise each one, even 50 times, if necessary.
Do you have anything to add? If so, just share your ideas below.
Copyright 2018 by Charlotte Digregorio.